Bill Allombert on Sun, 04 Aug 2013 14:36:37 +0200

Re: Bug in Pari 2.5.0

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 12:45:54PM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> 2013/8/4 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>:
>
> > This problem is fixed in PARI 2.5.1 which was released in February 2012:
> > F18- subst(Y/X,X,x) -> 0                                                 [F27]
>
> Yes, I know - I have had 2.5.1 in my home directory for over a year now,
> but the system-wide installation has 2.5.0.
>
> The point of the post was that Ubuntu 12.04 is going to be around for
> another four years, and its pari-gp package should be upgraded. I could
> package is someone very well known on this list. :-)

I suspect there is no Ubuntu maintainer for that package.
I am the maintainer of the Debian package, and I uploaded to Debian
the package for 2.5.1 the same day it was released, but I take no
responsibility for what go in the Ubuntu release.