Ariel Pacetti on Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:25:16 +0200

Re: Galois subextensions question

Bill,

I might not have stated the problem correctly. Say I have a degree n polynomial and want to compute the fixed field by the A_n subgroup? Or an S_m subgroup (m<n), etc. (you can give the subgroup in any way you want).

I didn't mean bnfinit, but you need to run first galoisinit(), which needs nfinit... I do not want to compute the Galois closure group, but a fixed subextension.

Ariel