Max Alekseyev on Mon, 14 Oct 2013 05:26:27 +0200

Re:

Hi Charles,

Your equation is equivalent to
(2y+1)^2 - 8x^2 = 8n+1
and you can use bnfisintnorm(bnfinit(z^2-8),8*n+1) to get basis
solutions for (2y+1) and x as coefficients (up to a sign) of z^0 and
z^1, respectively.

E.g., for n=5, this gives [z + 7, 4*z + 13], the first one of which in
particular gives (x,y) = (1,3).

Regards,
Max