Kevin Ryde on Sun, 09 Nov 2014 09:07:46 +0100

Re: Integrating Pari-GP to the Vim editor

baruchel@gmx.com writes:

> You write a document with "cells" of code and you can evaluate each cell, with
> the interpreter remaining alive in the background from a cell to another one.

I experimented in emacs to evaluate a line as a gp expression by sending
it to M-x gp (of pari.el).  This is by a keystroke so perhaps you're
more automatic by waving the cursor over a cell.

I strip # or % prefix to allow expressions as comments in program code,
including for example TeX source.  I've also tried stripping a special
prefix like "Test-Pari: 2+2==4" as a way to embed self-tests in a
document, with the idea they're not shown in final output but can be
side calculations or guard against mistakes.