Max Alekseyev on Wed, 20 May 2015 18:53:17 +0200

Re: silent \r

Dear Bill,
Thanks for the trick - I indeed do not have final ";" in my functions.
I've tried GP2C some years ago and did not quite succeed -- will try again.
Regards,
Max

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:07:26AM -0400, Max Alekseyev wrote:
> I've made my rather lengthy PARI/GP script compliant with parallel
> execution, which involved declaration of multiple function as "inline".
> This struck back from an unexpected side -- now loading my script takes
> several minutes of intensive scrolling of its "unrolled" code.
> Relatedly, I wonder if there a way to suppress output of the "\r" command
> or making functions ready for parallel execution without inlining them?

Did you try to add ';' at the end of each function declaration ? e.g.

fun(x)=
{
  z;
}

I found out that the simplest way to make code suitable for parallel GP
is to use GP2C, which does not have the same restriction as GP, because
install'ed functions are not stored as global variables.

In any case, I would be very happy to learn about your experience.