John Cremona on Fri, 06 Nov 2015 14:44:02 +0100

Re: real polynomials

Thanks for the helpful comments.  I don't need multiplicities, and in
fact all I need is to know whether there are any roots at all in
(-oo,oo) or (-oo,0] or [0,oo).
At present the coeffs are converted from C doubles.  My pari
programming skills are rather basic so almost all the program uses
plain C types and I only convert to GEN for this one test.  Perhaps I
should be more brave...

John