Karim Belabas on Sun, 22 Jan 2017 23:04:08 +0100

Re: Question on printing a matrix...

* wraithx@morpheus.net [2017-01-22 22:50]:
> Is there a way to print a matrix that looks as nice as when you view it on
> the gp command line?
>
> For example, if I do:
> (15:43) gp > a=factor(12)
> %13 =
> [2 2]
>
> [3 1]
>
> (15:43) gp > a
> %14 =
> [2 2]
>
> [3 1]
>
> (15:43) gp > print(a)
> [2, 2; 3, 1]
>
> I'd like to "print" that matrix and get the same output as just doing "a" on
> the command line.  Is there a way to do this?  For more information, I'll be
> doing this inside of a function.  When I just put:
> a;
> on its own line, I do not get any output on the screen.  When I do:
> print(a);
> I get the output shown last above.  I'd like to get the %14 output to happen
> inside that function.  Is this possible?

The corresponding libpari function is not exported to GP, you have to
'install' it:

(22:54) gp > install("outmat","vG")
(22:54) gp > a = factor(12)
%2 =
[2 2]

[3 1]

(22:54) gp > outmat(a)

[2 2]

[3 1]

Another way which happens to work here but will not (in general) be
equivalent to typing on the command line is

(22:54) gp > printf("%d", a)
[2 2]

[3 1]

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite de Bordeaux         Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 21 23