macsyma on Tue, 30 Jul 2019 03:44:52 +0200

Re: nfgaloisconj

Thank you, Bill.

> what it does

In my code, G1 is a permutation representation, G2 is a polynomial representation of G the Galois group of f over Q. The principle is directly linked to Q-automorphism, that for each m_j in G, the permutation of the roots of f is obtained by replacing alpha the primitive element in the root representation of f with m_j(alpha) the image of alpha that is a root of g. One can consider alpha = polroots(g)[1], m_j(alpha) = polroots(g)[i] in G12 code.

G12 can be applied even if G is not weakly super-solvable. However, for example, the processing time of https://www.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~ballombe/polynomials.gp takes 20 to 30 times that of galoisinit + nfgaloisconj, so I'm hoping that you make speed up nfisincl and nfsplitting.

macsyma