Harvey Rose on Wed, 10 Nov 2021 12:25:32 +0100

Pari query

Dear Pari expert

      I am trying to use factorff(x,a,p) and I keep getting error messages.  For example I am wanting to factorise the polynomial t^5+t^3+1 modulo 2 over the finite field of order 32 generated by the polynomial t^5+t^2+1.  I am assuming that the field has basis 1 and a, say, and the non-zero elements of the field can be represented by the powers a^n for n between 1 and 31, or as a vector space of dim 5 with basis elements (1,a, a^2,a^3,a^4).

     When I try the factorff function I keep getting the error message : incorrect priority in factormod, variable x <=t. or something very similar.  I have tried using Mod(-,2) as coefficients of the polynomial x and/or polynomial p to no avail.  So when you have a spare bit of time I would welcome any help here.

Yours sincerely        Harvey Rose

Sent from Mail for Windows