Maths on Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:58:03 +0100

Re: gp version 2.0 under emacs

Kevin,

I compiled pari2.0 succesfully with linux and it runs fine under
emacs.

Suggestion: you must change pari.el if you do not have readline, else
it gets confused when looking for the prompt (see the comments in
pari.el).  I did get gp/emacs to work without readline, but then I
installed readline (which is very quick) and found the result much
better.  For a start, you now have proper editing of gp commands, and
history, even when you run gp outside emacs.

John Cremona