Bill Allombert on Sun, 28 Oct 2001 21:09:02 +0100

Re: math::pari + pari-2.1.2

I would like to report that Math::Pari compiles and works just fine on my
machine (Debian GNU/Linux 2.2).

Do you about the arch-osname script in pari/config ?
This script return the "PARI" idea about the system for example on my machine
it returns
yellowpig% pari/config/arch-osname
i686-linux
(it is only shipped with pari 2.1.1 and onward, but you can ship Math::Pari
with a copy of this script to support previous releases)

Also pari/Configure store all configuration info in
pari/Oosname-arch/dft.Config.in

If you want to know the asmarch from PARI POV, just do
(. ./Oosname-arch/dft.Config.in; echo $asmarch)

HTH,

Bill.