Michael Somos on Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:57:32 -0400

Re: MPQS not cleaning up files

Pari Dev,

    I hope my primary point has not been forgotten. There was
*no* documentation that 'gp' would create these temporary
files and thus, when they suddenly appeared in the '/tmp'
directory, it was a big puzzle how they came to be created.
This is the situation that I was objecting to. The suprise
factor due to lack of clear and easily available documentation
of an important behavior of 'gp' under situations that might
easily arise in normal use, or even otherwise. Once, the source
of the files is known, they can easily be deleted with no real
concern. It is otherwise when the source is unknown. Shalom,
Michael