Karim BELABAS on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:33:15 +0200 (MEST)

Re: bug in pari-gp precision? (fwd)

Hi,

  I'm forwarding a very interesting message I received about floating point
accuracy in PARI. Two quick comments:

1) the problems reported are not due to my addrr() patches: I've checked
version 1.39.15, they were already there.

2) no worries about polroots: computations and checks are done using exact
arithmetic.

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19