Bill Allombert on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:18:03 +0100

Re: Zeta function bug?

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:43:47PM +0100, Karim Belabas wrote:
> 1) building under Cygwin and checking that nothing fails ( it usually does not
> nowadays ).  [ This could be cross-built, although getting a working
> set of Cygwin DLLs can be delicate ]

At least a mingw32 cross-compiler is part of Debian (package mingw32).
I am not sure about a cygwin cross-compiler.

> 2) launching the NullSoft Installer with input Odos/pari.nsi
> (see http://nsis.sourceforge.net/ )
>
> The latter builds the nice graphical self-extracting binary, and I do
> not think it is available for any other platform than Windows.
>
> So we can set up an autobuilder, but it will have to be a Windows system
> ( or a pretty good 'wine' emulation... ). Or find a replacement for the
> Installer, which had better be good because I'm rather fond of the NullSoft
> one.

The installer is neccessary for a release, but probably we can just
provide a static GP binary for a CVS snapshot, or a binary linked with
the libraries provided by the installer.

Cheers,
Bill