Bill Allombert on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:37:19 +0100

Re: Migration to subversion

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 04:05:06PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello PARI-dev,
>
> We are half-done with the subversion migration. At this stage
> we provide:
>
> -- Anonymous read-only CVS access (same as usual)
> -- A web SVN gateway (similar to the old web CVS gateway)
> -- read/write SVN access for registered PARI developers.
>
> Change to the SVN repository are automatically reported to the old CVS
> repository.

We now also provide anonymous read-only subversion access.
Subversion website is located at http://subversion.tigris.org/
Once subversion is installed on you computer, you can get a local
copy of the unstable PARI tree with

svn checkout svn://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pari/trunk

You will get a directory named 'trunk' that you can rename to pari.

To get a local copy of stable PARI tree

svn checkout svn://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pari/branches/release-2-3-patches/

You will get a directory name 'release-2-3-patches' that you can rename
to pari-2.3.

If you build the unstable PARI tree from the subversion repository,
it will display
            GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.4.3 (development svn-9462M)

Where svn-9462M replace the old CHANGES-1.2006 while being more
accurate (the revision number (9462) is updated at each changes, even if
we do not update the CHANGES files. The letter M means the repository
was locally modified).

The web page http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/changes.html
is now updated in real time.