Jeroen Demeyer on Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:03:34 +0100

Re: GP and syntax errors

Karim Belabas wrote:
You can now set default(recover, 0)
[ prevents error recovery on untrapped errors -> immediate exit ].

Is that suitable ?

Yes.  I tried it and it seems to work as expected.  Many thanks!

Now the following sequence works on both gp 2.3 and gp 2.4:
default(recover,0);
trap(,quit());

Note, however, that this can only work if PARI/GP still parses trap(,quit()). I don't mind that it gives a warning. I would appreciate it if you don't make this an error in future versions.

Cheers,
Jeroen.