Bill Allombert on Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:13:03 +0100

Re: Port of pari/gp 2.7.5 on AIX

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 03:22:12PM +0000, REIX, Tony wrote:
> <green> & <cyan>  ????
> I cannot distinguish the 2 colors !
> I've tried with a colleague on another display, and that's the same !
> I would suggest to use 2 colors that are really different.
>
> About performance, my goal is to check that there is no test where
> performance on AIX is abnormally lower than it should be compared to
> linux/intel. So, are you saying that this check is impossible ?

If you are interested is checking the tests are performing
correctly, this is a good approach.

However if you are interested in real use case, then it is less useful.
Most of the actual performance depends on the speed of the multiprecision
multiplication. You can use the attached file for that.

default(parisize,"64M")
{
  for(i=1,16,
    N=random(2^(64*2^i));