Karim Belabas on Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:56:11 +0200

Re: latex macro

* Vincent Delecroix [2016-07-28 18:20]:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to integrate the last pari snapshot into Sage, we had trouble
> building the documentation [1]. The Sage documentation (in ReST format) is
> generated automatically from the output of "gphelp -raw" for each function
> that is currently supported. Our problem comes from two innocent macros that
> appeared recently in some function documentation: \Hom and \Frob. Their
> definitions are easily find in parimacro.tex.
>
> The file parimacro.tex don't fit for us since it contains gp specific macros
> and many tex that mathjax will not understand. Would it be possible to
> isolate a small subset of typesetting macros that are needed to compile
> function docstring? Any suggestion on an alternative way of doing this is of
> course welcome.

Use an up to date 'gphelp' from 'master', then a direct 'gphelp -raw' should
indeed do the trick.

The script gphtml (http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/gphtml)
uses 'gphelp -raw' + minor post-processing to generate both

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/html/

and

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/ref/

without error or warning.

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite de Bordeaux         Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50