Bill Allombert on Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:21:57 +0100

Re: Problems in 'make bench' under Cygwin/64 with testing elliptic

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 05:33:55PM +0000, John Cremona wrote:
> On 5 January 2015 at 15:41, Bill Allombert
> <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 02:53:54PM +0000, John Cremona wrote:
> >> As far as I know, the people porting Sage to Cygwin have everything
> >> (including pari) working except perhaps Atlas, so it should be no
> >> surprise that pari builds ok under Cygwin.  I can ask for details on
> >> sage-devel if desired.
> >
> > Cygwin and Cygwin/64 are different.  We used to build PARI on cygwin before we
> > switched to mingw, so we know it works.
> > Cygwin/64 is a rather new software, so we did not test it yet.
> > Have the SAGE developers already tested Cygwin/64 ?
>
> It is Cygwin 64: see
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/gLKCS3diiSg  for
> the latest.

Thanks!

The link above contains this quote by Jean-Pierre Flori:

  Cygwin32 should be almost fully functional.
  Cygwin64 is very far from it (e.g. PARI builds but seems completely broken:
  it says 131 is not prime).

which is not very far from Andreas experience.